There are lots of ways that the Acorn Foundation affords funding for our community. We have an annual investment round that runs from May to September every yr. Charitable enterprises can observe each year for this funding, become a ‘tagged’ recipient, or installation their very own Community Group Fund with Acorn. Find out more beneath.
Scholarships are available at one-of-a-kind times throughout the yr, with particular standards and timings for each award. For more facts on applying for scholarships, click on right here.
If you’re planning a community-pushed event that needs funding our new joint event fund can be the solution.
The Tauranga Western Bay Community Event Fund is a collaboration among Acorn Foundation, Bay Trust, Tauranga City Council, TECT Community Trust and Western Bay of Plenty District Council to help network occasions taking vicinity within the location. The motive of the fund is to streamline the procedure for candidates via providing one centralised fund, as well as probably presenting get right of entry to to new and extra funding previously no longer available. For more information about the event fund, click right here.
2022 Funding Round is now closed.
Recipients can both be selected by means of unique donors (what we call ‘tagged’) or can publish a investment software in order to be assessed by our Distributions Committee. As a part of our annual investment round, we additionally distribute funds for The Tindall Foundation within the Western and Eastern BOP.
Find the solutions to all your funding questions in our funding round FAQs below:
Funding spherical FAQs
Charities and network companies that gain the Western Bay of Plenty vicinity of New Zealand.
The Western Bay of Plenty place encompasses the following regions: Waihi Beach, Katikati, Kaimai, Tauranga, Te Puke and Maketu, which include Paengaora, Pongakawa and Pukehina.
Acorn additionally distributes finances on behalf of The Tindall Foundation in both the Western BOP and Eastern BOP areas.
The Eastern Bay of Plenty consists of the districts around Whakatane, Opotiki and Kawerau, however excludes Rotorua, Minginui and Murupara.
Acorn will offer funding for any charitable cause (which means every cause which according with the regulation of New Zealand is charitable) inside our stated priority areas. The Acorn Foundation will recollect applications for assignment costs and for popular working costs, inclusive of salaries/wages, lease and vehicle running costs.
If you are uncertain whether or not your organisation qualifies for Acorn Foundation investment, please touch Margot McCool or Jo Wilson on 07 579 9839.
Acorn doesn’t fund the following classes:
Individuals (apart from specific scholarships – see our scholarships web page)
Groups that aren’t incorporated
The buy of capital assets wherein the overall task fee exceeds $three,000
Overseas journey (aside from via scholarships)
Religious or political advocacy
Events – observe via Tauranga Western Bay Community Event Fund.
The following classes had been recognized as desiring extra aid and were selected as our priority funding areas this year.
1. Access to housing and reducing inequityImproving the accessibility of proudly owning or renting a safe, healthful homeImproving simple household financial abiltiesProviding tenancy help offerings Wraparound housing guide for tenants or proprietors of sub-wellknown houses
2. Initiatives supporting teens aged 14-24 years
3. Health & Wellness/SafetyReducing drug and alcohol abuseReducing home violenceReducing baby abuse
four. Building stronger communities
five. Kaupapa Māori projects assisting cultural development and inter-generational transformation.
6. Caring for the surroundings
7. Donor Directed Funds: Funding is available as exact through individual donors within the regions indexed underneath. We propose you touch us earlier than submitting your software to make certain your agency’s work traces up with donor objectives. Organisations helping humans improving from addiction: $2,000Organisations supporting human beings with medical remedy or situations: $4,000Children with specific health or schooling needs (finances want to visit a charitable corporation): $eleven,000Organisations providing offerings to support the elderly: $10,000Organisations reaping rewards the deaf: $four,500Organisations helping sufferers of abuse, especially sexual abuse: $13,500Organisations task repairs for elderly/low-income housing: $1,000Organisations geared toward providing alleviation of poverty: $14,000Organisations assisting appearing and/or innovative arts: $2,000Organisations offering animal welfare and/or education of assistance puppies: $2,000Organisations facilitating environmental enhancement: $22,000
Our 2022 funding spherical is open from 2 May – 26 May 2022.
We have one investment round consistent with annum, which opens in early May, with a four-week submission length.
Follow us on Facebook to ensure which you are notified when the following investment round opens.
2022 Funding Round now closed.
Acorn has recently moved to a simple one-step software technique.
If you haven’t acquired Acorn funding within the past, you ought to contact us in the first instance to organise a a-o-f.org assembly. We can also time table visits with corporations with whom we haven’t had touch for a while.
Completed applications, consisting of financials, are due within a set closing date and are reviewed through Acorn team of workers and Distributions Committee contributors. Our Distributions Committee meets in August to decide the successful candidates, and as soon as the offers are ratified by using the Acorn Foundation Trustees, the decisions are announced in early September.
There is presently an higher restriction of $10,000 per utility for each Acorn and Tindall funding.
There is no separate application form – successful applications to Acorn can be taken into consideration for each funding streams. Tindall Foundation investment is distributed in September on the equal time as Acorn Foundation funding.
The Acorn Foundation distributes budget on behalf of The Tindall Foundation, assisting Family/Whānau and Community. To discover extra approximately thesecategories, click on on the links under:
The Tindall Foundation doesn’t fund the following classes:
Core or public health carrier
Sport, leisure and endeavor
The purchase of capital belongings or equipment in which the value exceeds $3,000
Loans and Endowment price range
Religious or Political advocacy
Venture Capital initiatives.